Stainless grade 316 wall rail support for round handrail. This handrail support can be used for round wood or stainless handrail.
Attachment hardware for connecting to the wall is NOT provided. StairWarehouse recommends using one 1/4" x 4-1/2" lag screw for attachment to standard stud walls (not provided) OR use 8mm hanger bolt and hanger bolt driver (see below).
This wallrail support goes great with our Wooden Handrail and Flat Handrail End Caps.
How to Attach Handrail Support Base to Adapter
- Cut handrail to length.
- In order to attach the handrail supports, you need to utilize the M12 threaded nut that will allow the adpter (included with handrail support) to connect the handrail support to the wood handrail.
- Determine placement of handrail supports along wall rail and mark location.
- Install the M12 threaded nut at the marked locations. ** Drill ~1" into the handrail.
- Utilizing the threaded screws provided, insert ino the handrail supports.
- Screw handrail supports into handrail at locations utilizing M6 threaded screw.
** If bracing of any sort is not available, utilize drywall anchorages for added stability
How to Attach Handrail Support
- Attach the support structure for the handrail by utilizing the steps listed above.
- Once you have established placement of handrail, and handrail support, remove handrail and attached support, separating the back base.
- Mark the location, to solidify position.
- Using a 17/64" drill bit drill the hole previously marked. Then, anchor base to wall; if blocking is not provided, drywall anchorages can be used.
- Once base is anchored to wall, reattach handrail support and fasten using the set screw on the under side of the support.
- This will complete your handrail support attachment to the wall.